New KSU app connects students to campus, downtown

Taylor Williams

College Connection KSU, or C2KSU, is a new app that offers students a way to get around campus and keep up with what is happening around town.

The app features a campus and city map, a guide that includes shopping, dining, salons, spas and nightlife, a car finder for large Kent parking lots and easy access to multiple cab services.

C2KSU, while still in its early stages, is specific to the Kent State area, said Gary Nunley Jr., co-founder of the app and local resident.

The app is brought to users through sponsors including Dream Water, SGM Games and 529: Mobile Solutions and is a guide to everything Kent State, Nunley said.

He said the app has had a “soft roll-out” after being released in September but has seen quite a few downloads.

Sophomore speech pathology and audiology major Lindsay Vale said her favorite part of this app is the sports schedule because “there are always games going on that people don’t realize.”

However, Nunley said students are not the only ones who can benefit from this app.

The Guide tab “can be especially useful to visitors, family members and even faculty” who are unfamiliar with the city of Kent, Nunley said.

In the near future, Nunley said, the app will feature a job board due to popular student demand. Students will be able to view that tab to see recent job openings in the area and receive alerts straight to their phones.

Not only will they be able to view jobs, but they can also receive notifications for “daily deals” at restaurants, bars and clothing stores happening in the Kent area, Nunley said.

As well as using the app to find out what is going on around campus, students can use the chat feature to talk to friends and make events into group outings and can store contacts in the app.

C2KSU “could be especially useful to students,” Vale said, who thinks the app can only improve by adding more tabs of information.

The app is available in the iPhone App Store as well as Google play.

For more information on the C2KSU app, visit c2ksu.com.

Contact Taylor Williams at [email protected].