Flash Activities Board hosts FlashBash to kick off homecoming

Cory Nagel and Madeline Reich start off the Flash Bash festivities by coloring slap bracelets. Madeline Reich works for the Flash Activities Board and handed out tickets to participants in the Flash Bash activities. Sept. 16, 2019.

Flash Activities Board (FAB) hosted its annual FlashBash event to kick off homecoming week on Risman Plaza Monday. 

FAB puts on FlashBash annually to get students excited for homecoming week and get involved in the festivities. 

Kaitlin Donnelly, director of spirits and traditions for FAB, said she was excited for students to celebrate homecoming. 

“(FlashBash) is just really to get people in the festive spirit and get them ready for homecoming week,” Donnelly said. 

Corey McGinnis, junior theater studies major, came to the event with friends and enjoyed the activities. 

“I liked (making) the wristbands, but I’m excited for the roller skating,” McGinnis said. 

Alessandra Stopper, freshman architecture major, enjoyed the activities that were offered. 

“I thought that being able to design your own snap bracelets was really creative.”

Maddie Spohn, freshman fashion design major, was looking forward to getting involved in homecoming activities. 

“I’m missing out on the homecoming festivities for this weekend,” Spohn said. “So it’s kind of nice that we get to do stuff all week, so I’m trying to stay involved.” 

Contact Molly Heideman at [email protected].