Drake Wartman USG

Sara Crawford

Drake Wartman – Candidate for Director of Academic Affairs

Q: What is your platform?

A: “My largest objective in running for Director of Academic Affairs is to revise and shape Kent State academia to be exactly what the student body desires. By encouraging both the students and the senators of each college to closely involve themselves in their education and vocalize the changes they’d appreciate seeing, I’ll be able to provide the proper support and adjustments needed to promote success and improvement in every classroom here at KSU. Each and every Kent State student deserves the ability to receive a diverse, in-depth education while also focusing on self-discovery and personal advancement. I aim to provide the proper academic support and guidance for students from each undergraduate program of study through strengthening major-related organizations, revamping supplemental instruction and tutoring, and emphasizing service-based learning. Each adjustment made as Director of Academic Affairs will be specifically made for the well-being of the student body and aimed to obtain exactly what students are looking to receive from their time as Kent State Golden Flashes.”

Q: Why should people vote for you?

A: “My academic achievements, leadership positions on and off-campus and transcripts attest to me being a well-rounded, approachable leader here at Kent State.”

Q: What changes are you looking to enact?

A:  “Kent State University is a campus that provides endless opportunities to each and every student. I want to put a heavy emphasis on students being engaged in their academic career and ensure that students are taking advantage of all the academic resources our campus has to offer. In order to do so, these resources (major-related organizations, supplemental instruction, tutoring, service-based learning, etc.) must be functioning at their true potential. My main goals as Director of Academic Affairs will be to get students more involved and take the necessary steps to assure that our academic resources are achieving this true potential.”