Career Exploration and Development to hold career fair on Feb. 21

Margaret Baah

Students and alumni of Kent State can network with 150 employers and professionals at the Spring Internship, Co-op and Career Fair on Feb. 21.

The event will be held at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Some of the employers in attendance will include Acumen Solutions. Abercrombie & Fitch, American Heart Association, Cedar Point Amusement Park, Cleveland Clinic and Insight Global. Students can review what employers will be at the fair using the Handshake app.

The fair brings a variety of employers to campus to find potential employees. Robin Pijor, the associate director of employer relations in the Career Exploration and Development office said that students of all majors can meet employers related to their field of study.

Students can register for the fair by going into Handshake website or downloading the Handshake App. Students can log in with their Flashline credentials.

Students have the opportunity of attending drop-in workshops in preparation for the career fair. Students can have their resumes critiqued, work on elevator pitches, practice exiting a table and practice mock interviews.

The workshop dates and times are:

• Feb. 5 at the LGBTQ+ Center
  • Student Center 024 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
  • Feb. 6 at Moulton Hall, Room 317 from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
  • Feb. 13 at Cartwright Hall, third floor lobby from 10: a.m. to 12 p.m.
  • Feb. 14 at Cunningham Hall, second floor lobby from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
  • Feb. 19, Leadership Center, Kent Student Center 220 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.

On the day of the fair, students check in with their Flashcards. The cards will be swiped and used to create a name tag for each student. The Handshake app can be used as a resource for navigation during the event.

Margaret Baah covers Jobs and Money. Contact her at [email protected].