Best of Kent: Best Apartment Complex

Chloe Forbes

First PlaceThe Province

For the second year in a row, The Province continues to be Kent’s best apartment complex.

With rent ranging from a lofty $699 all the way to a hefty $1,059, residents have access to amenities such as the theater, heated pool, on-site fitness center, study areas, tanning beds, clubhouse with a game room and computer lab with a printing station. There’s also a coffee bar available to students.

It also has a prime location on S. Lincoln Street, which sits only a few feet from the business administration building.

“You have instant access to everything you could need but at the same time you get that warm fuzzy feeling,” said Community Manager Patty McNerney.

Each unit comes fully-furnished and has fully-equipped kitchens, walk-in closets, double-hung windows, private bathrooms, hardwood floors and in-suite laundry. Residents also have community-wide Wi-Fi.

Next year, The Province will become pet-friendly, so residents will be able to have their furry friends with them off-campus.

“We care about your future,” McNerney said. “It can still be effective but feel like somewhere you want to be. It’s still a great place to call home.”

Second Place345 Flats

Coming in second place, 345 Flats is the newest on the market, located closest to downtown Kent.

Rent is all-inclusive besides electric costs and ranges from $685 to $1,125. Floor plans include fully-furnished studio suites, or one, two or four bedroom apartments.

Amenities include an on-site community lounge, seven study rooms, a computer lab with free printing and a fitness suite.

“I think we have really great residents this year,” said Property Manager Brittany Mullen.

Third PlaceEagle’s Landing

Eagle’s Landing is located across the street from campus and is part of the Kent Apartments community.

Rent ranges from $835 to $885 for two-bedroom apartments. Each unit has a fully equipped kitchen and central air conditioning.

Amenities include a fitness center, outdoor heated pool, student center with tanning bed, lounge area with cable TV, game area, computer lab with internet and three laundry facilities on property.

Eagle’s Landing also includes a 24/7 maintenance staff.

Chloe Forbes is a feature writer. Contact her at [email protected].