Kent State hosts Insurance Industry Career Exploration Fair

Imani Fields

Kent State will be hosting the annual Insurance Industry Career Exploration Fair for all students on Kent’s campus Feb. 7.

This year the career expo will have over 25 top insurance companies attending such as Progressive, All-State and Farmers Insurance.

Matthew Butts, the executive director of advancement for regional campuses and special programs, said that many of the top insurance companies will be there looking for students from all areas of expertise.

These companies will be seeking interns and future job candidates to fill openings from freshman to seniors, with all majors welcomed.

“One of these companies may give you the opportunity of a lifetime, students graduating want to show they are passionate about securing a job,” Butts said. “Freshman and sophomores could start networking and looking for internships.”

Butts said most students think insurance is sales focused, but it is one the largest groups of employers for all career areas, they need nurses, publicists, and more.

The Insurance Industry Career Expo will take place on the second floor of Kent State’s Student Center from noon-3 p.m.

Butts said students should come business ready with their resumes to prepare to network at the event.

Students can register for free online to attend the fair.

Imani Fields is the jobs reporter. Contact her at [email protected]