Students celebrate second annual Fall Festival

Students wait for popcorn during the Fall Festival which was moved to the Student Center due to poor weather on Oct. 11, 2017.

Chyenne Tatum

As fall begins, students cling to their favorite hoodies, decorate their own hand-picked pumpkins and shop for the perfect cozy-night outfit.

Kent State’s Center for Student Involvement had their own celebration with the second annual Fall Festival.

Hosted as a part of Homecoming week festivities, several tables lined the second floor of the Student Center with different foods and activities for students to enjoy.

“What Christmas is for some people, is what fall is like for me,” Spencer Vaughn, a junior special education major said. “I love everything about this season, so I’m just genuinely happy.”

The smell of popcorn filled the air as crowds of people waited in line for a taste of both the popcorn and caramel apples.

In addition to sweet treats, the event also offered photo booth pictures with pumpkins in the background, a station to decorate personal mini pumpkins and a horse carriage ride outside.

Event organizers created the event as a stress reliever for students during midterms.

“There’s something about fall that’s so calm and relaxing,” said Elise Carney, a senior nursing major and organizer of the event.

The festival originally was planned to be held at Manchester Field, but unexpected rain moved the event indoors.

But not even a downpour could stop the fall fun.

“Even in the Student Center, the festival itself is (a) great environment for people to take a break from studying and just meet new people,” said Carly Evans, a senior public relations major and organizer of the event.

Chyenne Tatum is an arts and entertainment reporter. Contact her at [email protected]