College of Business Administration holds student organization fair

Alex Wilcox

Student organizations seeking student involvement represented the College of Business Administration at a fair Sept. 13.

These organizations included fraternities, such as Beta Alpha Psi (BAP), as well as other groups such as the American Marketing Association (AMA) and the Management of Information Systems Association (MISA).

BAP, a professional fraternity for accounting students, provides a range of possibilities to reach connections in the field. Weekly meetings consist of visits from local accounting firms, allowing for a variety of networking opportunities.

“Last year, around 75 percent of all accounting internships awarded to Kent State students were awarded to our members,” said Nicholas Ferritto, a sophomore accounting major and BAP student representative.

The next BAP meeting will be held Wednesday, Sept. 20 from 5:15 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.  

AMA is a professional organization intended to propel students into the field of marketing. The group focuses on bringing professionals to meetings to increase student knowledge and awareness of opportunities within the marketing field.

Previously, the Kent State division of AMA has attended national conferences in Cincinnati and New Orleans, in addition to partnering with Honey Baked Ham to aid in selling product.

Kent State’s division of AMA is the largest on-campus group for marketing majors, said Katie Elking, a senior marketing major and AMA student representative.

More information about AMA and their upcoming events can be found here.

MISA is a professional organization for students interested in working with information technology in the business world. The organization emphasizes the importance of “growing future IT leaders” and networking with business professionals.

“MISA focuses on introducing students to career paths that are very progressive, and will be ideal in the future,” said Evan Hudson, a senior computer information systems major and vice president of MISA.

MISA holds weekly meetings in Room 115 of the Business Administration Building. The next meeting will be held Thursday at 6 p.m. For additional information about MISA, click here.

A number of other fraternities and organizations represented the College of Business Administration at the fair Wednesday, such as the Financial Management Association (FMA), the Business Professionals’ Roundtable (BPR) and the Graduate Management Association (GMA).

For a full list of student organizations that attended the fair, click here or visit the advising offices of the Business Administration Building.

The organization fair was the first of several that the college expects to sponsor during the fall semester.

Alex Wilcox is the College of Business Administration reporter. Contact him at [email protected]