Fashion School receives $2.5 million from MCM Foundation

Paige Miller

Kent State’s Fashion School received a $2.5 million donation from the Margaret Clark Morgan Foundation to sustain study-away programs and endue a chair for the Fashion School’s director.

The Margaret Clark Morgan Foundation was founded in 2001 in Hudson, Ohio, and promotes mental wellness, the arts and education. The foundation has supported Kent State’s Fashion School, as well as the College of Nursing and the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program.

“The gift will establish an endowment that will provide scholarships to support students in need of assistance with program fees, travel costs, housing deposits, et cetera,” Leigh Greenfelder, the assistant vice president of advancement communications, said.

The Fashion School requires fashion students enrolled after the 2016 calendar year to study away, and the MCM Foundation will fund $1 million to support these programs.

$1.5 million from the foundation is funded to allow the faculty talent and the school’s director to continue advancing the renowned fashion program.

“The MCM Foundation believes deeply in the value of the study-away experience for students,” Greenfelder said. “With the Fashion School now being the first in the country to require a study-away experience for all fashion students, it is poised to become a globally competitive leader in producing talented graduates.”

Paige Miller is the fashion reporter, contact her at [email protected].