Faculty Senate discusses university community topics

Megan Ayscue

Kent State’s Faculty Senate held a meeting Monday to discuss various important topics relating to the university community. 

• The Faculty Senate elected Cynthia Kristof as senate representative for the Faculty Ethics Committee. Kristof is currently the head of Copyright and Document Services of University Libraries.

• The Faculty Senate endorsed the revised Kent State United pledge. Kent State President Beverly Warren said she will wait for the official endorsement before moving forward.

• The Athletic Training degree will advance from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree. Pending state and accreditor approval, it will be effective Fall 2017.

• The name of the College of Applied Engineering, Sustainability and Technology will be revised to the College of Aeronautics and Engineering starting Fall 2017.

• So far, 2,243 students have confirmed attendance for the graduation commencement at Dix Stadium Saturday, May 13 at 10 a.m. About 100 of those students are from regional campuses and 492 students are receiving advanced degrees. In the case of poor weather, the commencement may be delayed, shortened or canceled.

• The Office of Global Education passed the motion to establish a university-wide English proficiency policy for the admission of international students, including requiring base proficiency scores of admission. This becomes effective Spring 2018. 

Megan Ayscue is the administration and academic affairs reporter, contact her at [email protected].