Register your COVID-19 vaccination card using Med+Proctor by the Dec. 20 deadline

The COVID-19 vaccine registration is through Med+Proctor. Kent States vaccine deadline is Dec. 20.

The COVID-19 vaccine registration is through Med+Proctor. Kent State’s vaccine deadline is Dec. 20.

Haley Kisling Reporter

COVID-19 vaccine registration begins before the Dec. 20 deadline.

Kent State’s students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Dec. 20. 

At your first COVID-19 vaccination appointment, you should get a vaccination record card.

Once vaccine documentation is received, registration is the next step. The university uses Med+Proctor as the system to submit vaccination statuses. However, some users have had issues using the online program.

“When you first go on to the Med+Proctor website, it is not very straightforward or clear about where you are supposed to upload your vaccination card,” Athena Hobbs, a speech pathology and audiology major, said. 

Here are the steps to successfully upload your vaccination status. 

Visit the Med+Proctor website where you will enter your student email address. Then, it will redirect you to sign in with your Kent State username and password. 

Once you are signed in, go to “click here to submit another document” and skip to the bottom of the page to click where it says, “No, thank you. I do not want access to my documents later.”

From there, you can either upload a photo of your vaccination card or the Immunization Certificate document.

“Med+Proctor will accept a card image as a supporting document without issue, and the card does not have to be signed by a clinician to be accepted,” Eric Mansfield, the communications and marketing assistant vice president, wrote in an email.

To upload an image of your card you can either scan your card with an app like Adobe Scan or simply take a picture of the card and upload it to your computer.

“When I uploaded the picture of my vaccine card, it said it couldn’t verify the date I got my vaccine even though my card shows my name, the type of vaccine I have and the date that I got both doses,” Hobbs said. 

She added that after she uploaded the picture a few times the system finally accepted her card.

Mansfield wrote that any student who is having trouble with Med+Proctor should either call 330-672-8227, email [email protected] or visit the vaccine information desk. 

If you do not have a COVID-19 vaccination card you can download the Immunization Certificate to upload.

“The immunization certificate needs to be signed by a clinician to be accepted if you do not include a copy of your COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card,” Mansfield wrote. 

Once your Immunization Certificate is signed you can return to the Med+Proctor website and complete the process of uploading the certificate.

After successfully submitting your documentation, the browser is redirected to the page that says, “Your record is being reviewed,” and you can sign out of Med+Proctor and close the tab. 

You may also see the message, “Pending your record has not been completed. Please continue completing your record,” after uploading your status. Despite this message, your information was successfully uploaded. 

As a part of the registration process, after submitting documentation you will be allowed to expedite your record review for a one-time fee of $10.

“It was a confusing process because it gives you an option to pay to have your record approved faster, and I didn’t know if I had to do that or not,” Hobbs said.

If you want your document reviewed faster you will have to pay the fee, however, “there is no charge to use this site,” Mansfield wrote.

By registering your COVID-19 vaccination between Nov. 1 and Dec. 20, you have a chance to win a Kent State Golden Ticket. If you have already registered your vaccine you will be automatically entered to win.

Winning a Kent State Golden Ticket means parking for free in most R, S and C lots on campus without a time restriction. Any winner can select a $125 Amazon gift card instead.

The official rules and regulations for the Golden Ticket drawing are online.  

For more help uploading your vaccination status, the Covid Vaccine Team will be in the University Library on the Kent Campus in Room 221 at various times throughout the week.

Covid Vaccine Team will be available:

Monday, 1 to 5 p.m.

Tuesday, 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 to 5 p.m. 

Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. to noon.

Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 to 5 p.m.

University Health Services is offering the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines at the DeWeese Center on the Kent campus. To schedule an appointment, call 330-672-2322 or schedule online.

For more information and updates about COVID-19 at Kent State visit the coronavirus update webpage.

Haley Kisling is a reporter. Contact her at [email protected].