Students pack Panini’s for Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show screening

Members of Kent State PINK pose around their display at a Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show viewing party at Panini’s in Kent on Monday, Dec. 5, 2016. 

Dominique Pishotti

A line of approximately 50 girls stood outside Panini’s Bar and Grill Monday night waiting to enter the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show viewing party. The restaurant opened its doors at 8:30 p.m. and reached capacity by 8:47 p.m.

Kent State PINK partnered with Redbull for the event, which included a DJ, a photobooth, trivia questions and a raffle that allowed many of the attendees to win prizes such as gift cards, underwear, rechargeable phone batteries and petal pasties.

Melissa Spetich, a senior fashion merchandising major and Kent State PINK representative, said the event turned out better than she could have imagined. 

“I just joined this group last semester and I’m beyond honored and impressed by the impact PINK has on society,” Spetich said.

Many individuals who attended the viewing party looked forward to more than just the free giveways and entertainment. 

According to Alejandra Fishman, a sophomore fashion merchandising major, she and her friends came to the viewing party to support their friends and see the show, which was broadcasted on CBS.

“I’m excited that this year’s show takes place in Paris,” Fishman said. “I love seeing the different themes every year and I can’t wait to see what they have to show in tonight’s show.”

Workers at Panini’s were also excited about what the night had to offer. Although many of the staff members were at first overwhelmed, the night turned into something enjoyable for all. Staff, organizers and attendees were able to sit back and watch the show when the clock struck 10 p.m.

“I think this is a great way for the restaurant to get involved with Kent’s campus,” said Faith Zwicher, a hostess at Panini’s.

Dominique Pishotti is the fashion reporter. Contact her at [email protected]