PINK offers free active wear for universities to promote

Kent State PINK hosted a yoga event on Wednesday, Oct 5, 2016 in the Kent State Student Recreation and Wellness Center. The first 70 girls to arrive were given a raffle ticket and allowed to participate in the class. After the event, free clothing from their active line was given away along with other prizes and snacks.  

Nicole Zahn

PINK, a lingerie line by Victoria’s Secret, collaborated with campus representatives to host the Kent State PINK Launch Event Wednesday night at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center.

PINK brand ambassadors from each campus, such as Kent State, The Ohio State University, University of Alabama and others, were asked to coordinate a free, active event to promote the new line. PINK sent ambassadors a box of over 100 items to give away for free at the event.

“Victoria Secret has its own sportswear line called ‘VSX,'” said Taylor Pierce, Kent State PINK brand ambassador and junior public relations major. “PINK never really had their own workout line, so because this is brand new, they asked ambassadors to host this specific event to launch the new line.”

Representatives were able to choose any activity to host such as yoga, Zumba, or Pilates. Kent State PINK ambassadors collaborated with the Rec to host the free, 70-participant yoga event.

The first 70 participants to register received a free PINK item such as a sports bra, a pair of leggings, a hoodie, water bottle, headbands and more.

Participants were also able to place their name in a drawing to receive one of each PINK item offered, along with a wireless Bluetooth speaker.

The event registration began at 7 p.m. in the SRWC lobby. The yoga class followed in Studio One from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.

“We chose yoga because it would be a great mid-week stress reliever and anyone can participate,” Pierce said.

To ensure participants got their spot before the cut off, many attendees were in line two hours before the event began.

“I got here at 5 p.m.,” said Madison Posk, a freshman criminal justice major. “I found out about this through CHAARG, which is a fitness group for girls on campus. They tell us about these types of events on campus, and I’ve been doing yoga since I was little so coming here was a must.”

Brand ambassadors promoted the yoga event mainly through social media and fliers posted throughout campus.

“I’m obsessed with PINK so I found out about the event through their Instagram page,” said Alicia Waino, junior computer information systems major. “I’m also registered through the PINK nation mobile app, which sends me notifications about promotions and events they are having.”

Along with giving away free items to the participants, PINK gave the SRWC and One Love yoga instructor, Allison Yanci, a free outfit to promote while teaching the class.

“I enjoy PINK’s active line,” Yanci said. “So i was very fortunate to receive a whole outfit for free to do what I love.

Nicole Zahn is the recreation and wellness reporter, contact her at [email protected].