New architecture library holds open house

Gael Reyes

The Joseph F. Morbito Architecture Library held its first open house on Sept. 21 since the completion of the College of Architecture and Environmental Design (CAED) building this fall.

Students and faculty came for self-guided tours and learned about the resources available to them from the library while enjoying refreshments.

Both students and staff in the CAED building are appreciative of the new space. CAED facilities were previously scattered around different buildings on campus. The architecture library was formerly found in Taylor Hall.

“It’s very different than what we had,” assistant professor Marsha Cole said. “We’ve had thousands of students coming here since the beginning of the semester. I think they like it. They seem to gravitate towards this end of the building. It’s a little more open than the other floors.”

Amy Spanos, a sophomore architecture major, is one of the many to stop by the open house. Spanos appreciates the convenience the library’s new home grants.

“It’s more accessible and I think that’s the whole idea behind this building,” Spanos said. “Having so much information accessible to us, not just the library, but other students too.”

The architecture library is open to all on weekdays from 9 a.m.- 8 p.m. and Sunday’s from 4-8 p.m.