Integrated Greek Council holds first annual IGC Week

India Said

The Integrated Greek Council will hold its first annual IGC week starting this Monday through Saturday, offering a series of events to promote positivity, encourage school year success and to highlight multicultural Greek life on campus.

Integrated Greek Council was created Fall Semester of 2015 to improve multicultural Greek life on campus. IGC represents both fraternal organizations of the National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) and the National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations (NALFO), according to their website.

Monday will serve as an info night to meet IGC members and learn about the individual organizations on campus. This meeting will be held in the Ballroom Balcony of the Student Center at 7 p.m.

IGC will hold a Night of Empowerment in Oscar Ritchie at 7 p.m. on Tuesday. A discussion will be held to discuss personal goals and the importance of staying on track during the school year. Students also have the chance to make a visual board of goals to achieve this school year.

Wednesday, IGC and the individual organizations on campus will bowl in Eastway Center at 7 p.m.

Thursday at 5 p.m., students will be able to throw a pie at an IGC member with a minimum donation of $1.00 per pie. Later that day, IGC will have food fundraisers at Buffalo Wild Wings and Fresco Mexican Grill & Salsa Bar.

Following on Friday from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., IGC will hold a Greek Yard Show to display the multicultural Greek organizations on campus as they represent their organization through reciting chants, strolling and giving a preview for the upcoming Step Show on Sept. 30.

Ending the week, IGC will participate in Super Service Saturday to encourage volunteering in the community. Sign-ups for Super Service Saturday will be available throughout IGC week, according to their flyer.

For more information on IGC, visit their website