Error forces fall registration to close

Alex Delaney-Gesing

Fall semester registration at Kent State is closed until further notice, according to the university’s Bursar’s Office.

Kent State students who have not yet registered for the fall 2016 semester were notified via email Friday morning that their registration was cancelled.

According to the Kent State Bursar’s Office, class cancellation process for those who fail to submit payments on time was incorrectly triggered to run on Thursday instead of Aug. 18, the original deadline.

The university responded to students’ concerns over their fall registration cancellation via Facebook and Twitter

Until further notice, registration will remain closed while the Information Services department works on correcting the error, the university said.

As a result of the issue, the deadline to submit fall semester payments has been extended to Aug. 18, according to the Bursar’s Office. No late fees will be charged to those who have not submitted payments.

As financial aid has not been disbursed to students yet, the registration error will not affect any impending aid.

Students will be notified when their fall class schedule is restored to their account, the Bursar’s Office said.

Students affected by the unknown error have taken to social media to express their concerns.

Alex Delaney-Gesing is the editor of The Summer Kent Stater, contact her at [email protected].