KIC to host Sibs and Kids Weekend

Sisters Megan and Briget Downey do crafts together for “Lil Sibs Weekend” in The Nest on April 10, 2015.

Charleah Trombitas

Kent State’s Kent Interhall Council (KIC), will host Sibs and Kids Weekend this Friday to Sunday.

Sibs and Kids Weekend is a weekend designed with events for Kent State students, faculty and staff to spend time with their families. The event-filled weekend, designed for families, has been going on since the ’90s.

The theme of the weekend this year is Dr. Seuss.

Around 600 students and staff have registered for the weekend so far, but there are also opportunities to register during the weekend.

Friday night programming includes watching a movie in the pool at the Student Recreation and Wellness Center. Saturday morning begins in “Whoville” with henna, airbrush tattoos and face painting. The day will continue with events such as ice skating, flowerpot painting, a tour of downtown Kent on Lolly the Trolley and many more.

Hannah Jager, KIC vice president of programming and development and sophomore communication studies major, began planning the upcoming weekend last semester.

We began planning in November,” Jager said. “Friday night and Saturday are going to be super busy and filled with programs.”

Jager said that after putting much effort into organizing the various events, she hopes it will be fun for everyone involved.

I’m looking forward to seeing the past few months of work come together and seeing all the kids excited,” Jager said. “People tell me that their siblings are excited about coming and faculty members kids are really excited; it will be nice to see everything come together.”

Registration is still open for the weekend. For the link to register, visit: https://kent.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0BC0jYaszBqb2gl.

For the full list of Sibs and Kids Weekend events, visit: http://kic.kent.edu/SibsKids.

Charleah Trombitas is an activities reporter for The Kent Stater. Contact her at [email protected].