Best of Kent: Best Place to Study

Students study in the University Library on Friday, April 15, 2016. The library is open 24 hours during the weekdays, making it a popular place for students to study.

Julie Riedel

First Place – University Library 

The Kent State University Library’s 12 floors placed in the number one spot. Students can study silently on the seventh floor, work on a group project or walk on a treadmill while studying on the fourth.

The library is open 24 hours-a-day, Monday through Thursday. Kent State’s library also offers math and writing tutoring.

“I want every Kent State student to feel that the Kent State Library is their ‘home away from home,’ and that’s why we’re open 24 hours,” James Bracken, dean of University Libraries, said.

Second Place – Tree City Coffee & Pastry 

Sad about not being able to enjoy the weather because you’re stuck at your desk doing schoolwork? Then go to Tree City Coffee & Pastry and sit by the roll-up window, drink some coffee and snack on a pastry while you finish up the semester.

If it’s not so nice outside, sit by the fire and study for an upcoming test. Tree City features a seasonal menu with rotating drinks, along with a menu of craft peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and overnight oats. 

Third Place – Scribbles Coffee Co. 

Scribbles provides a creative place to sit back, relax and study. Customers can take a study break to color on the tables or pull a book off the shelves and read.

Sit on a comfy couch and discuss school with a friend or two.

“We always want people to feel comfortable and come in and study and be able to have a great cup of coffee and snack and just, kind of, be productive,” said Jenn Richards, the owner.