Geauga campus announces new dean

Mitch Felan

Jarrod Tudor, Ph.D., has been selected as the new dean and chief administrative director of Kent State’s Geauga campus and the Regional Academic Center, according to a Kent State press release. 

Tudor has served as the interim dean of the campus since July 1, 2014. 

“I am so excited to be provided the opportunity to continue the momentum we’ve established at the Geauga campus as we work to transform and improve the regional campuses,” Tudor said in the press release.

Tudor has worked for Kent State since 1996. Before serving as the Geauga campus interim dean, Tudor served as the 2013-2014 Provost’s Fellow and the director of paralegal studies. He also served as an associate professor for 19 years, as a member of the Faculty Senate’s executive board for three years and was the grievance chair for Kent State’s full-time, non-tenure track chapter of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP-KSU).

Tudor received a Bachelor of Arts from The Ohio State University, Master of Arts and Juris Doctor degree from the University of Toledo, and Master of Laws degree from Cleveland State University and the University of Akron. Tudor also received an Education Specialist degree, a Master of Public Administration, Business Administration, and a Ph.D. in higher education administration from Kent State.

“Jarrod understands both the regional campuses and the Kent campus as well as anyone, and I know he will provide excellent leadership for our Geauga campus and our Regional Academic Center in Twinsburg,” said Todd Diacon, Kent State’s senior vice president for academic affairs and provost, in the press release.

Tudor will begin serving as the new permanent dean for Geauga campus on Feb. 1.

Mitch Felan is a political correspondent for The Kent Stater. Contact him at [email protected].