Three finalists for new Dean of EHHS on campus this week

Margaret Zoller-Booth

Alexandra Seibt

After a three month application and selection process, the search committee for the new dean of the College of Education, Health and Human Services narrowed down the candidates to a final three.

“The primary task would be for the new dean to come in and represent their college, the faculty and the students within that college in terms of the direction Kent State is moving,” said James Blank, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and chair of the search committee.

The first of the candidates, Margaret Zoller Booth, associate dean for the graduate college at Bowling Green State University, will present Friday, Jan. 29 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.

Kenneth Teitelbaum, a professor in the Department of Educational Leadership at University of North Carolina Wilmington, will hold his presentation on Monday, Feb. 1 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.

The third candidate, Alison Carr-Chellman, department head of Learning and Performance Systems of Pennsylvania State University’s College of Education, will end the series of presentations on Tuesday, Feb. 2 from 9:30 a.m. to 10:15 a.m.  

All candidates will give a 45-minute presentation in the governance chambers of the Kent State Student Center. 

“Each candidate will discuss topics such as their biography and background, challenges facing higher education today and examples of how the candidate has faced these challenges in his or her current or previous positions and opportunities and challenges of a College of Education, Health and Human Services,” said Todd Diacon, senior vice president for academic affairs and provost, in a message from the provost.

All presentations are free and open to the public.

Alexandra Seibt is an EHHS reporter for The Kent Stater, contact her at [email protected].