Victoria’s Secret PINK holiday bus tour comes to Kent State

PINK

PINK

Danie Minor

Kent State was chosen as one of the five schools in the country to have the Victoria Secret’s PINK holiday bus make an appearance on its tour. The University Oak’s apartment complex hosted the bus.

“The schools were picked up by the home office (in Columbus, Ohio), and then we were surprised to get chosen,” said Christy Lodder, Kent State’s PINK Nation Campus Representative and senior fashion merchandising major.

The other schools chosen for the bus tour were Pennsylvania State University, Purdue University, Indiana University and Ohio State University.

With a long line of people waiting to enter the holiday bus, the PINK representatives and PINK Campus Ambassadors set up cookies and hot chocolate, supplied by University Oaks inside of the leasing office for those waiting.

“Although we waited 40 minutes in line to get on the bus, it was a cool experience,” said Tiffany Hildebrand, a freshman pre-nursing major. “They had the holiday pajamas and the Kent State PINK gear.”

In addition to the holiday spirit brought by the bus, customers received a portable charger in the shape of a heart with their purchases.  

Courtney Miller, a freshman accounting major, said it was a fun experience to say she went to because it does not happen often.

Miller says the only thing that could have made the event better was if it were held on a summer day because it was cold.

On Tuesday, the annual Victoria’s Secret fashion show will air on CBS at 10 p.m.

“The holiday bus is here as a precursor for the fashion show that is on Tuesday,” Lodder said.

The representatives will hold a party for the show at Panini’s at 9 p.m. One Love Yoga and Boutique will also work with the PINK representatives to give out prizes. 

Contact Danie Minor at [email protected].