Workshops aim to educate students on finance

Maggie Wachtel

Kent State is hosting two upcoming events aimed at helping students prepare for their financial future.

“How to Build Your Financial Fitness: Managing Student Loans and Making Smart Money Choices,” will be held Thursday, Oct. 15 from 4:15-5:15 p.m. in the Michael Schwartz Center Auditorium, room 177.

A second event, “Financial Aid For Smart Students…What You Always Wanted To Know But Were Afraid To Ask” is being held Tuesday Oct. 20 from 5-6 p.m. and will also take place in the Michael Schwartz Center Auditorium, room 177.

The importance of making healthy financial choices, while still in college, will be stressed during the “How To Build Your Financial Fitness” session.

Financial aid counselor and presenter Pamela LaFleur said attending students can expect to hear and learn about concepts like student financial aid, student loan repayment and how to create a budget and use it to make financial goals.

“Financial Aid For Smart Students… What You Always Wanted To Know But Were Afraid To Ask” will outline the basics of financial aid, including what kind of financial aid students receive and how it is awarded to them. The dangers of financial aid will also be discussed as well as how to avoid them.

For more information on “Financial Aid For Smart Students” contact Sylvia Bustard at [email protected].

Maggie Wachtel is the sinance reporter for The Kent Stater. Contact her at [email protected].