New interim dean of EHHS announced

Photo courtesy of Kent State University

Emily Mills

Mark Kretovics, an associate professor of higher education administration and student personnel, will become the interim dean of the College of Education, Health and Human Services starting July 1.

Kretovics replaces current dean Daniel Mahony, who has been announced as the new president of Winthrop University in Rock Hill, South Carolina.

Kretovics said he will work with Mahony over the next month and a half to review the college’s priorities.

“I hope to continue on the current path focusing on the needs of our current and future students,” he said. “During this next year, my emphasis will be on students and their success. It is also important for the college to determine which programs have the capacity for enrollment growth.”

Kretovics will serve as interim dean for one year, and he will be teaching one class each semester. A national search for a permanent dean will start in the fall. He said at this time, he does not have an interest in the permanent position.

A Kent State professor since 2001, he received his Ph.D. in education and human resource studies from Colorado State University in 1998, his MBA from the Chaminade University of Honolulu in 1986, his master’s in counseling and student development from Radford University in Virginia in 1981, and his bachelor’s in business administration from Bowling Green State University in 1979.

Contact Emily Mills at [email protected].