Best Mexican Restaurant: Guaca-Mole’s

Miguel Valadez prepares meals at Guaca-Moles Mexican Grill and Cantina on April 6, 2015. Guaca Moles, which has made a home for itself on Main Street over the past for nine years, is well known for their seven different kinds of fahitas.

Payton Moore

Photo

Guaca-Mole’s

Guaca-Mole’s features authentic Mexican food and drinks and is a hit among students for authentic cuisine.

From Monday to Friday, Guac’s offers drink specials for a real fiesta, just a few minutes off of campus. From burritos to fajitas, Guac’s has something for the hearty appetite or for an appetizer to share with friends.

“I like to go there with my friends,” said Nick Copeland, a sophomore integrated health studies major. “Their tacos are fresh, and I love their rice.”

As for their drinks, Gauc’s offers domestic and imported beers, flavored margaritas and Piña Coladas.

Photo

Fresco

Fresco lives by its name offering fresh, fast and casual Mexican you can grab and go or sit down and enjoy over drinks along with endless chips and salsa.

Their open salsa bar has options ranging from pineapple to habanero salsa.

“The salsa bar has a great variety,” Heather Younkin, a freshman exercise science major,  said. “Their burritos are to die for, and the atmosphere is really festive and welcoming.”

Fresco offers a catering option for your next big event, where it will bring the salsa and queso straight to you.

Photo

Taco Tontos

Taco Tontos finishes up the best Mexican food in Kent. Although set in a small location, Taco Tontos brings big flavors from their sour cream-infused guacamole to burrito bowls stocked with sweet potato and grilled chicken.

Their local craft brew selection isn’t bad, either.

“I’m pretty obsessed with Taco Tontos; it’s definitely my go-to in Kent,” said Morgan Semmelhack, a junior visual communication design major. “One time one of their employees told me I was there more than he was, and that made my day.”

Contact Payton Moore at [email protected].