HacKSU to host annual three-day hackathon

Andrew Bugel

Kent State University will be holding its annual hackathon event, “Kent Hack Enough,” on Oct. 24–26 on the fourth floor of the Kent State University Library.

Kent Hack Enough is organized by the student group “HacKSU” and open to Kent State University students, as well as any students from other universities. Participants have more than 40 hours during the three-day period to create any type of technology-related project they can think of, such as building mobile or computer applications. There are currently more than 500 students registered for the event. Several local companies will also be sponsoring the event, as well as sponsors from Silicon Valley.

Kent State University senior Paul Dilyard serves as one of the co-leaders of HacKSU. Dilyard said since many sponsors will be there for the event, it provides a good opportunity for students to demonstrate the skills they possess in building apps.

“The sponsors are looking to hire interns and full-time employees, so the hackathon provides a great way for students to get exposure and show off their skills to potential employees,” Dilyard said.

Food, beverages and entertainment will be provided throughout the course of the event on the first floor of the library. The event starts at 7 p.m.

Contact Andrew Bugel at [email protected].