Kent/Blossom Music Festival brings international artists to campus

Kristen Kobe

World-renowned violinist Ida Kavafian will perform at the Kent/Blossom Music Festival at 7:30 p.m. on July 3 in the Ludwig Recital Hall located in the Center for the Performing Arts on Kent’s campus. 

Each year the Kulas Foundation, an Ohio group that provides educational and artistic grants to individuals and organizations in Ohio, sponsors a guest artist who is very important in chamber music nationally and internationally to perform at Kent State. Charles Latshaw, director for the Kent/Blossom Music Festival, said Kavafian is the Kulas Foundation guest artist for 2014.

“Ida is very famous as a solo violinist and also does fantastic work as a chamber musician,” Latshaw said.  “She is the perfect fit to come and work with Kent Music Festival.” 

The festival runs through July 25 with 16 different performances featuring various artists from across the world. 

Kavafian will be accompanied by internationally recognized Korean pianist Yekwon Sunwoo and the Glauser String Quartet, made up of Kent State music majors.  

Tickets are on sale at the box office in the lobby of the Roe Green Center in the Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets are $15 for adults, $13 for seniors, $5 for students with a valid ID, and free for students 18 years and under. 

Tickets and more information are available by calling 330-672-2787 or visiting www.kent.edu/blossom.

Contact Kristen Kobe at [email protected].