‘Flashes Forever’ stick together

Alex Lomicka

For December 2013 graduates, their time as Kent State students may be ending, but the Alumni Association would like to remind them that they will be Flashes forever.

On Dec. 13, the Alumni Association will host its annual “Flashes Forever” event in the Student Center Ballroom from 7-9 p.m. for all December graduates. Dec. 9 is the last day to register online at www.ksualumni.org.

Carrie Circosta, assistant director of student and recent graduate programs and coordinator of the event, said there will be giveaways, raffle prizes, a photo booth, refreshments and much more.

“The goal of this event is to help students celebrate graduating with their families and friends,” Circosta said. “The event is complimentary for graduates and up to three guests.”

The prizes, which include “life after graduation” gift baskets and a KSU Prize Pack, will be provided by the Alumni Association and the University Bookstore, according to the alumni association’s website.

Jesse Markowitz, senior theatre studies major and student ambassador for the event, said he thinks the event is a fun way to welcome seniors to the Alumni Association.

“Most undergrads don’t know too much about their Alumni Association,” Markowitz said. “I think that this is an awesome way to get to know them and to even sign up for their membership.”

As a student ambassador, Markowitz said he is responsible for assisting with name tags, entering soon-to-be graduates in the raffles and acting as the face of the university through a student perspective.

“It’s an amazing event and something that more seniors should be going to. It’s free to get in, free to eat and free giveaways,” Markowitz said. “What more could you want before graduating?”

Contact Alex Lomicka at [email protected].