Library hosts annual Library Live conference

Taylor Rollins

The University Library will be hosting its eighth annual one-day information and resources conference, Library Live, Tuesday Nov. 12 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

“Library Live is a yearly mini-conference the library holds to highlight and promote various services and programs, usually new things, to the university community,” said Adam Steele, the circulation manager of the library.

This event will feature sessions throughout the day covering a range of topics in the field of information and research.

“Most of the sessions are geared toward faculty and graduate teaching assistants, but at least a couple each year would be of interest to anyone, including students, or even people in the community,” Steele said.

The sessions will introduce services the library offers, from tools to enhance teaching to collections that may be of interest, Steele said.

“While we don’t focus this directly on undergraduate students, ultimately we see this flowing through to students,” said Kenneth Burhanna, the library’s assistant dean for engagement and outreach.

Lunch and refreshments will be provided and sessions will be held throughout the day.

“It’s the greatest marketing opportunity we have to let people know about the resources and services we can provide,” Burhanna said.

Contact Taylor Rollins at [email protected].