Shop ‘til you drop at one of Kent’s many options

Summer Kent Stater Staff

Carnaby Street Style

>

100 E. Erie St., Suite 122

Carnaby Street Style delivers the style and feel of London fashion to Kent. The men and women apparel shop, which is inspired by the European boutique experience, only stocks a few of each item so Kentites are less likely to run into someone with the same outfit.

The Works

130 E. Main St.

The Works lives up to its name, offering “the works” in terms of gifts and merchandise. You’re likely to find everything from clothing to home decor, most of which are hand crafted.

Figleaf Boutique

138 E. Main St.

The Figleaf Boutique offers trendy clothing and accessories. Figleaf caters to women who want high fashion at department store prices with a frequently rotating selection inspired by the New York and L.A. fashion scenes.

The Fashion School Store

175 E. Erie St.,Suite 202

Kent State is known for the School of Fashion and for good reason. The Fashion School Store sells clothing and accessories crafted for students, by students.

The Exchange

407 E. Main St.

The Exchange is the go-to spot to buy and sell movies, music and video games, especially those hard-to-find oldies but goodies.

Einstein’s Attic

115 Cherry St.

Einstein’s Attic is a unique resale shop that is actually reminiscent of foraging through someone’s attic. Kent students often go there for unique costumes for Halloween, but you’re likely to discover a fun retro find any day of the year.

Silver & Scents

154 E. Main St.

Looking for unique gifts or some sweet-smelling incense? Silver & Scents has everything from jewelry and incense to goods handmade from alpaca hair. Stop in for a few minutes to browse. You’re sure to find something interesting.

Empire

135 E. Main St.

The Empire of Magical Thought is a haven for the mystical and whimsical. Henna, jewelry, amulets and chocolates are just a few of the myriad items Empire offers. Be warned: There have been many reports of ghosts walking Empire’s aisles.

Off the Wagon Shop

152 E. Main St.

You’re unlikely to find a shopping experience quite like Off the Wagon. Whether you’re an aficionado of zombies or bacon, Shakespeare or Doctor Who, this novelty shop has something for everyone.

The Vinyl Underground

257 N. Water St.

The Vinyl Underground is an independently owned record store for anyone who appreciates the classic listening experience of vinyl on a turntable. Vinyl Underground also sells record players if you’re ready to start a collection.

Wild Earth Outfitters

175 E. Erie St.

Wild Earth Outfitters carries leading brands of outdoor apparel, footwear and equipment from brands such as The North Face, Mountain Hardwear, Merrel, Keen, Teva and more. It also sells camping, kayaking and climbing equipment for all of your outdoor needs.

McKay Bricker Gallery & Framing

141 E. Main St.

While McKay Bricker Gallery & Framing does do custom framing, it is also known for its assortment of gifts for sale. Black squirrel lover? McKay Bricker Framing has many homages to Kent’s unofficial mascot, including ornaments, postcards and plush.

Ohio Music Shop

118 E. Main St.

Not only does the Ohio Music Shop carry a wide variety of guitars and equipment, it also has live entertainment and a bar. Open mic night is every Thursday, and help is available for all of your guitar needs.

Last Exit Books

124 E. Main St. # 1

Last Exit Books is the paradigm of a second-hand bookstore. Whether buying or selling, book lovers are hard-pressed to leave Last Exit without some new reading material.

Gracylane

100 E. Erie St., Suite 124

Gracylane is a locally owned gift boutique that caters to college students. Gracylane carries brands such as Vera Bradley and Alex and Ani, as well as other gifts such as scarves and candles.

UniversiTees

100 E. Erie St., Suite 118

UniversiTees offers everything you need to show that you’re Kent State’s biggest fan. From T-shirts and sweatshirts to hats and lanyards, UniversiTees has all the spirit wear you need.

Woodsy’s

135 S. Water St.

Woodsy’s began as a music repair shop in 1972, but the Kent mainstay has since evolved to also include a massive inventory for sale. Woodsy’s also offers lessons in 16 different instruments.