Pride! Kent to host Robyn Ochs workshop Thursday

Kelsey Leyva

Editor’s note: The Robyn Ochs workshop has been postponed until further notice. Thursday’s PRIDE! Kent meeting will consist of executive board elections instead.

Pride! Kent will host speaker Robyn Ochs for a program titled “Expanding Our Circles” at 9 p.m. Thursday in the Governance Chambers of the Kent State Student Center.

According to robynochs.com, Ochs is an activist, speaker, workshop leader and editor of 42-country anthology, Getting Bi: Voices of Bisexuals Around the World and Bi Women. Thursday’s program will focus on creating positive social spaces and ways that activists can spread their knowledge to foster acceptance of those who identify as a Gender and Sexuality Minority.

Justin Lagore, senior public relations major and president of PRIDE! Kent, was responsible for contacting Ochs, requesting the funding through the Undergraduate Student Government and acting as a liaison between PRIDE! Kent and the Center for Student Involvement to work out things such as

contract details.

“We’re hoping this program will empower our members and our organization as a whole to be catalysts for some real, positive social change on our campus,” he said. “We hope this program will get people thinking and just get folks talking, or at least curious enough to ask questions. And at the same time, hopefully it will give us some tips on how to make PRIDE! and the queer community here more inviting to those who do have those questions.”

The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Lagore at [email protected].

Contact Kelsey Leyva at [email protected].