University still accepting graduate trustee applications

Emily Komorowski

Applications are still being accepted for a new graduate student trustee to Kent State’s Board of Trustees. A graduate student selected for the position is expected to serve for two years.

Students who wish to apply must be 18 years old, an Ohio resident, registered to vote, enrolled in at least six graduate credit hours, maintain a 3.0 GPA and have passed at least three graduate credit hours. A background check and fingerprinting are also needed.

The job requires the student to stay informed on the following issues: academic programs, student life, current and future financial status at Kent State, capital funding and collective bargaining. The student must also be able to attend and participate in four regular meetings and any special meetings needed each year.

Chelsea Knowles, current graduate student trustee, will complete her term this year. The term for the new graduate student trustee will begin on a date of appointment specified by the governor and will end on May 16, 2015, according to Kent State’s website.

“My term has truly been nothing but a positive experience,” Knowles said. “I hope that my replacement is someone who is passionate, ethical and has strong leadership skills.”

Students who wish to apply need to fill out an application form, submit a resume and three letters of recommendation by 5 p.m. Friday.

Emily Komorowski, graduate affairs reporter Contact Emily Komorowski at [email protected].