Seniors show off choreography in Cre-8-tivity

Caitlin Potts

Students in the School of Theatre and Dance will showcase their new choreography in the BFA Senior Dance Festival, Cre-8-tivity.

Performances will take place in the Louis O. Erdmann and William H. Zucchero Theatre in the Music and Speech Center. The shows run at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday and at 2 p.m. Sunday, according to the press release.

Junior and senior dance performance and dance education majors and minors created segments of choreography for 36 dancers for Cre-8-tivity, according to the press release. The show presents a variety of works with nine different pieces of modern and contemporary choreography.

Emily Perrott, senior dance major, said she created dance steps to a segment called “Color Me” for the festival. Perrott said her choreography is a mix between lyrical and contemporary dance.

“In life, I feel like we all need someone to push us and keep us going,” Perrott said. “We all have someone who gives us our color and our will to exist.”

Admission is free for Kent State students with a valid student I.D. Tickets cost $14 for faculty and staff members and $16 for adults.

Caitlin Potts is the on campus entertainment and performing arts reporter for the Daily Kent Stater. Contact Caitlin Potts at [email protected].