Vote for USG candidates Tuesday

Matt Lofgren

Kent State students can perform their civic duty by voting for members of the Undergraduate Student Government through their personal FlashLine accounts Tuesday.

To vote for each director position or a senator specific to college, all students need to do is follow these simple steps:

1. Log into FlashLine from www.kent.edu to vote between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.

2. Once logged in, there will be a prompt on the home page to vote.

3. Vote for the candidates for each director’s position.

4. Vote only for the senatorial race for your specific college.

At last Thursday’s public forum, all of the candidates introduced his or her platform and debated with one another. Here are some of the interesting races.

• Director of governmental affairs between Joseph Brown, Chris Clevenger and Joseph Bizjak. All three bring positive ideas to Kent State, with Bizjak offering the most in terms of experience in the USG. Clevenger offers different experience for the job as president of the Political Science Club, while Brown is a ranking member of his fraternity.
  • Director of programming between Matt Cola and Marvin Logan. Logan has served on USG’s programing board and has been instrumental in bringing in musical acts and comedians. Cola promises to work with specific colleges to bring in guest speakers to spark excitement and promote learning lends to his candidacy.
  • Director of community affairs between Kathyn Clarkin and Hannah Ward. Ward spoke on a platform to get students more involved with downtown businesses through internships and incentive programs. Due to a scheduling conflict, Clarkin was not on hand at the forum.
  • Director of student advancement between Brian Morris and Lauren Romick. Both were adamant about teaching students their rights. Romick brings experience in as the senator for the college of business.
  • Director of business and finance between Christopher Conrad and Eric Pahls. This is an even race, with both promising an easier funds allocations program.

Contact Matt Lofgren at [email protected].