Shuttle services to be provided for early voting

Christina Suttles

Early voting hours

Tuesday, October 2 – Friday, October 5:

8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Monday, October 8:

Closed for state holiday

Tuesday, October 9:

8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Wednesday, October 10 – Friday, October 12:

8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Monday, October 15 – Friday, October 19:

8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Monday, October 22 – Friday, October 26:

8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Monday, October 29 – Thursday, November 1:

8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Friday, November 2:

8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

Absentee and early in-person voting begins Tuesday, 35 days before the official election day on Nov. 6.

For the first time, students who wish to vote early can do so in person without giving a reason, but the deadline to register is Oct. 9.

Free shuttles arranged by local community volunteers will be available this week to provide Kent State students transportation to the polls. Students can find these shuttles until Oct. 5 in the bus loop in front of the Kent Student Center from noon to 4:30 p.m.

Although the “Obama mommas” are providing the transportation, James King, treasurer of the Kent State College Democrats, said that the service is completely non-partisan and available for anyone to take advantage of.

“If students want to vote, this is the best way to do it,” King said.

King said shuttle service should continue throughout the next few weeks, but nothing is yet confirmed because shuttle volunteers are not yet certain of their schedules.

Accepted forms identification that may be used in early voting include a current photo identification card issued by the State of Ohio or the US government, a military identification card, an original or copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or government document that shows the voter’s name and current address.

Anyone who is still not registered to vote can fill out the voter registration form on their Board of Elections website, or stop by their local board of elections office.

Contact Christina Suttles at [email protected].