USG panel to appoint new director

Christina Suttles

The Kent State Undergraduate Student Government is now accepting applications for the position of Director of Governmental Affairs after the current director, Adria Troyer, stepped down earlier this month to take a full-time position in Columbus.

USG Executive Director Evan Gildenblatt said he will be briefly taking over the duties of the

Director of Governmental Affairs until one is appointed. Gildenblatt served in the position before being elected executive director.

The panel to find a new director will be headed by Hanna Wiese, director of Student Advancement, and will consist of Amish Patel, director of Student Involvement, and Tyler Pina, senator for the College of Communication and Information.

Gildenblatt said a qualified candidate should be aware of USG bylaws and the position’s responsibilities. He said the press release with information about the position is posted on the USG office door and has been distributed to the Political Science Department, the KSU College Democrats and Republicans and other student organizations.

“We need a diligent, professional student who is knowledgeable in the realms of both state and federal politics, and who can serve as a responsible representative for Kent State’s undergraduate students,” Gildenblatt said.

Wiese will be accepting emailed applications for the position until Thursday at 5 p.m. Applications must consist of a comprehensive resume and letter of intent.

Interviews for the position will be held after the application deadline, and a formal recommendation will be made to the Undergraduate Student Government during its Oct. 31 public meeting.

Contact Christina Suttles at [email protected].