Our view: Stay classy, Kent, Ohio

DKS Editors

In January, we were hoping for the (nonexistent) snow to cancel classes while getting pumped for basketball season. According to the Mayans, the world will end in December, so we figured this would be the year to live it up.

In February, we were putting the finishing touches on the Cope Court story, and breaking the $1 million scandal was one of our most proudest moments this semester.

In March, we were dealing with midterms and preparing for the not-long-enough spring break, but it never is actually a break for us. We created the ultimate guide to Ohio’s primary, and we encourage all of you to follow up with your decisions in November.

Related: Semester in photos

In April, we were counting down the days for the semester to end and doing a lot of complaining about stress and living in Northeast Ohio. We put together the ultimate jobs section for our readers, which we hope eased your nerves about transitioning from student to professional.

Now, we look ahead. May is a few days away, and four of us are moving on into the unknown. We know the job market is bleak for us and our fellow graduates, but we have the world at our grasp.

Related: 10 most popular stories of the semester

We leave behind memories of riots, bathroom graffiti, procrastination, sports games, speakers, classrooms and putting out a newspaper every day. We haven’t taken our responsibility lightly, but we want to extend our gratitude to those who have read the paper and KentWired.

Be proud of the work you’ve accomplished, whether you are staying or leaving Kent, Ohio, and we wish you all the best of luck.

The above editorial is the consensus opinion of the Daily Kent Stater editorial board.