‘The Apprentice’ winner to speak to Kent State students

Lyndsey Sager

Season four winner of Donald Trump’s “The Apprentice,” Randall Pinkett, will speak to Kent State students about how to make money on campus Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the Kiva.

The free event is open to the public is and sponsored by the Collegiate Business Association. The CBA received the $13,300 to fund the event from the Undergraduate Student Government.

Marcus Henderson, senior business management major and CBA student adviser, said Pinkett’s presentation will include information about being an entrepreneur, making money on campus, being a leader and balancing school and social life.

In addition, Henderson said Pinkett will talk about his book “Campus CEO: The Student Entrepreneur’s Guide to Launching a Multimillion-Dollar Business,” which was published in 2007.

According to his biography, Pinkett is the co-founder and CEO of BCT Partners, a multimillion-dollar management, technology and policy consulting firm in Newark, N.J., and holds five academic degrees.

Henderson said CBA expects 400 attendees at the event, which is the organization’s first-ever big-name speaker.

“He’s very motivational,” Henderson said. “This should really appeal to students who want to see past college to grad school or more.”

Contact Lyndsey Sager at [email protected].