Business Career Night Registration Deadline Noon Feb 17

Stephanie Black

The registration deadline for the Business Career Night, an internship and job fair for students in the College of Business, is Friday, Feb. 17 at noon.

This event is a great opportunity for students in the College of Business, said Robin Pijor, assistant director of the Career Services Center.

“The event was designed to bring business students and employers together to give students the opportunity to gain experience talking to employers, while also collecting helpful business contacts,” Pijor said. “It also gives employers a chance to talk to our students and for Kent to showcase our business students and MBA program.”

There are currently 28 organizations registered for the event, said Rebecca Harmon, graduate assistant for the College of Business.

“We have a variety of different types of attending organizations,” Harmon said. “Banks, insurance companies and even some retail stores will be attending.”

A list of attending organizations is available on Career Services’ website.

Students should adequately prepare for the event, said Jaume Franquesa, academic MBA director for the College of Business.

“Students should have their resumes critiqued by one of the College of Business’ writing consultants through the Career Services Center,” Franquesa said. “They should also research organizations they are interested in and develop a plan of action before attending the event.”

This event is open to graduate and undergraduate students, with a junior class standing or higher, in the College of Business. Undergraduate students must have a 3.0 GPA or higher to attend.

The event is sponsored by the College of Business and co-sponsored by the Career Services Center. To register for the event, log into your Experience Job and Internship Board and select the ‘business career night one-click search’ located on your homepage.

Contact Stephanie Black at [email protected].