Kent State football opens at home on Nov. 4.

Graphic from the Kent State athletic department. Nov. 7, 2020.

MACtion will be back in full force on Nov. 4, as Kent State football is set to face Eastern Michigan at Dix Stadium.

The Flashes will also play for the Wagon Wheel at home, with Akron set to visit on Tuesday, Nov. 17.

The news came Wednesday as the Mid-American Conference released full conference-only six game schedules for all of its members.

The MAC council of Presidents voted on Sept. 25 to reverse its initial decision to postpone the football season to the spring.

Kent State’s full schedule is as follows:

-At home versus Eastern Michigan University, Wednesday, Nov. 4.

-At Bowling Green State University, Tuesday, Nov. 10.

-At home versus the University of Akron, Tuesday, Nov. 17.

-At the University of Buffalo, Saturday, Nov. 28.

-At the University of Miami, Saturday, Dec. 5.

-At home versus Ohio University, Saturday, Dec. 12.

The MAC championship game will take place at Ford Field in Detroit on Friday, Dec. 18.

“Really excited for the kids to be able to open the season at home on November 4,” coach Sean Lewis said in a press release. “Looking down the road, these games will be a tremendous test for us.”

The Flashes are coming off one of the best seasons in program history, and their first bowl win ever in the Tropical Smoothie Cafe Frisco Bowl.

Kent State clinched bowl eligibility against the team it will open its season against this year, Eastern Michigan.

A 34-26 victory over the Eagles in 2019 brought the Flashes to 6-6 and eventually brought them to Frisco, Texas where they defeated Utah State 51-41.

That 7-6 finish, in just the second year of Lewis’ tenure, was Kent State’s first season with seven wins since 2012.

Despite that success the Flashes were unable to capture a trip to the MAC championship game in 2019, which was won by Miami over Central Michigan, and will now try to do just that on an expedited schedule.

“We are very grateful for the opportunity to play this season,” Lewis said. “But we need to keep our focus on handling today and every day the right way.”

Kickoff times and TV schedules have yet to be released.

Owen is the sports editor. Contact him at [email protected].

SUPPORT STUDENT MEDIA 

Hi, I’m Lauren Sasala, a senior journalism student from Toledo. I’m also the editor in chief of The Kent Stater and KentWired this semester. My staff and I are committed to bringing you the most important news about Kent State and the Kent community. We are full-time students and hard-working journalists. While we get support from the student media fee and earned revenue such as advertising, both of those continue to decline. Your generous gift of any amount will help enhance our student experience as we grow into working professionals. Please go here to donate.