Division of Student Affairs podcast enters second season

The Division of Student Affairs podcast has entered its second season, and co-hosts Taléa Drummer-Ferrell and Matthew Lupica look forward to producing student-focused content.

“This season, we are more focused on different topics that are on people’s minds that they want to hear about, and we have made more collaborative efforts,” Drummer-Ferrell said.

The first season of the podcast used Destination Kent State as a platform to inform students about the resources available to them through the university and the Division of Student Affairs.

“Our podcast episodes directly aligned with the things that Student Affairs was doing as a part of the virtual DKS experience,” Drummer-Ferrel said. 

The second season started with a live podcast, followed by episodes that are centered around student life. Homecoming, mental health and voting information will all be discussed in upcoming shows.

“We thought the podcast would be an exceptional way to broadcast all of the important information within the division,” Lupica said. “It became another way for us to put out efforts into the spotlight at the Division of Student Affairs and share them with our students.”

Lupica created the podcast as a way to close the communication gap across the multiple departments of Kent State. Drummer-Ferrell signed on to the podcast after spending time developing the show. 

“It was a no-brainer for me to offer up help, and it has been a great experience,” she said. 

The seasons are semester-long, with one new episode a month. The podcast episodes can be found on the Division of Student Affairs website.

Megan McSweeney covers administration. Contact her at [email protected].

SUPPORT STUDENT MEDIA 

Hi, I’m Lauren Sasala, a senior journalism student from Toledo. I’m also the editor in chief of The Kent Stater and KentWired this semester. My staff and I are committed to bringing you the most important news about Kent State and the Kent community. We are full-time students and hard-working journalists. While we get support from the student media fee and earned revenue such as advertising, both of those continue to decline. Your generous gift of any amount will help enhance our student experience as we grow into working professionals. Please go here to donate.