The Office of Alumni Relations offers student jobs

Drew Parker

The Office of Alumni Relations is currently accepting applications for the Student Discover Initiative, a program offering students the chance to earn money through interviews with Kent State alumni.

The program is expected to employ between five and 10 students for the 2011-12 academic year and will require student employees to interview alumni about their experiences at the university. Students will be expected to conduct about 10 one-hour interviews and will be paid $75 per session.

Carrie Circosta, assistant director of alumni relations, said students will be expected to conduct interviews over Thanksgiving and winter breaks and report the results of the sessions to the office of Alumni Relations. Results will then be used to determine future changes in the program to accommodate alumni.

Circosta said she thinks the program will satisfy the needs of both current students and alumni.

“We’re always looking for new ways to engage or reengage our alumni,” Circosta said. “Not only does (the program) showcase the best aspect of the university, which is our students, but it also helps us bring back a personal touch to our office.”

Circosta said interested students will go through the application process at the Office of Alumni Relations in Williamson Hall. All applications are due by September 22.

Circosta said that the program will help to keep alumni informed about Kent State after they graduate.

“This is a great opportunity for our students to go out, connect with alumni,” Circosta said. “This is another great way to keep our alumni informed about what’s going on at the university.”

Contact Drew Parker at [email protected].