Two Kent State students robbed at gunpoint

Two Kent State students were robbed at gunpoint in the parking lot outside of Harbourt Hall Saturday. Photo by Matt Hafley.

Daniel Moore

UPDATE

The Kent State University Police Department made two arrests today in relation to the reported armed robbery Saturday in the Harbourt Hall parking lot.

John Blackmon, 20, a University of Akron student, has been charged with aggravated robbery. Andrew Scott, 20, a Kent State student listed as a sophomore technology major on the FlashLine student directory, has been charged with obstruction of justice.

Tips police received after sending out a Sunday morning alert to the university community assisted with the arrests.

According to police, two Kent State students were robbed at gunpoint at 11:35 p.m. Saturday in the Harbourt Hall parking lot, one of the four former Small Group residence halls.

Check back with KentWired.com for further updates.

Two Kent State students were reportedly robbed at gunpoint by two males in the Harbourt Hall parking lot 11:35 p.m. Saturday. The students were unhurt in the robbery, and both suspects remain at large after fleeing the scene.

The first suspect is approximately 5 feet 9 inches tall with a dark complexion and no facial hair or jewelry and wore a plain black knit cap, black pants and green coat with buttons.

The second suspect is approximately 5 feet 6 inches tall with a goatee and wore a black hoodie or jacket, dark pants and beanie cap.

Tom Neumann, spokesman for Kent State police, said police had no suspects and any new information would be posted on the Kent State University website.

In a Flashline message sent to all students, Kent State police said anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact KSUPD at 330-672-3070.

Contact Daniel Moore at [email protected]