RPA_08_Vietmeier_TOYSvosot

Bethany Vietmeier

Anchor intro:

It’s that time of year again…the malls are full with holiday shoppers and presents are beginning to pile up. But here in Kent, many families have found themselves falling on hard times this holiday season.

VO:

Kent Social Services has a record number of over 280 families signed up to receive toys from their toy drive. But this year, they are not gathering the toys alone. The City of Kent Fire Department has teamed up with them to make sure children in Kent receive presents.

SOT:

LAST YEAR WE HAD ABOUT 200 FAMILIES FROM KENT. WE KNEW THAT THERE WOULD BE MORE SO WE THOUGH MAYBE 15 PERCENT MORE, BUT WE ARE ASTOUND AT THIS POINT BY THE NUMBER OF FAMILIES THAT HAVE COME FORWARD WITH THE NEED THIS YEAR.

SOT:

WE REALLY WENT TO THE SOCIAL SERVICE THIS YEAR BECAUSE IT IS A DEMANDING YEAR BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY MORE PEOPLE THIS YEAR THAT ARE OUT OF WORK AND THEIR FAMILIES HAVE BEEN FORECLOSED ON AND FALLEN ON HARD TIMES.

Anchor tag:

Kent Social Services and the fire department will be collecting gifts this weekend at Kent’s tree lighting ceremony. The age range of the gifts is from infants to 17-year-old.

Critique: I was asked to put this together for the news. However, I wanted to still put together a package for this story.