Saturday night robbery reported on campus

From FlashLine message:

Kent State University Police are investigating a robbery that was reported on campus at 6:43 p.m. Saturday evening. Three suspects driving a white sedan turned off of Summit Street onto Loop Road in front of the WKSU building and approached the victim. A passenger jumped out of the car asking for money and displaying a knife. The victim was not injured and no money was taken. The car continued north on Loop Road. The suspect is described as a young, white male wearing jeans and a white t-shirt and a red baseball cap with a black dew rag underneath.

Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact the Kent State University police department at

330-672-3070.

The safety of our faculty, staff, students and visitors is our first priority at Kent State University. University Police will continue to have a patrol presence in the area.

Besides the presence of Kent State University Police Department, Security aides are available to provide escorts across campus each night between 8 p.m. and 4 a.m., call 2-7004 for an escort on campus. The security aides are in direct contact with University Police Services via two-way radios. Every residence hall complex is patrolled from 8 p.m. until 4 a.m. every day. Our well lighted campus also includes outdoor campus phones, which can be recognized by their blue lights, can be used for emergency and non-emergency situations. Courtesy phones are located at the entrances to residence halls. Frequently used campus phone numbers are posted at each phone including numbers for emergencies, campus security, and escort and motorist assistance.