Trustees search for applicant

Jenna Staul

Applications for position due April 9

The university’s Board of Trustees will soon be adding new student members to its ranks.

The deadline for nominations for the board’s student trustee position is today and the deadline to apply for the position is April 9, according to Greg Jarvie, interim vice president for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs.

The student trustee sits on the Board of Trustees and is expected to attend meetings and stay informed on issues pertaining to Kent State’s student life, academic programs and budget.

Jarvie said the board is looking for students with both a strong academic record and a deep involvement in Kent State’s community.

“It’s important that we have a student voice on the board,” Jarvie said.

The newly selected trustee will serve until May 16, 2011. Qualifications for the position include Ohio residency and voter registration, as well as a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA and an 8-credit-hour enrollment.

Applicants must submit a resume and three letters of recommendation, two of which must be written by Kent State-affiliated individuals. The names of five finalists will be sent to Gov. Ted Strickland’s office for a final selection.

Applications can be found in room 250 in the Student Center and more information can be obtained through Pat Dennison in the office of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs.

Contact administration reporter Jenna Staul at [email protected].