Sherman Street house fire contained

Sarah Steimer

Kyle Roerink | Daily Kent Stater

Credit: DKS Editors

A house fire at 127 Sherman St. was quickly contained yesterday at about 10 a.m.

Capt. Dave Manthey said the fire was contained to one room in the back of the home. He said the rest of the house was not affected.

Manthey said firefighters found a candle burned through in the bathroom, but plan to do a secondary search today to determine if it was the cause of the fire.

The homeowners, who wished to remain anonymous, were home during the time of the fire and called the fire department.

– Sarah Steimer