Main St. Snack Shoppe: A stroll down Acorn Alley …

Megan Moore

The Main St. Snack Shoppe was the idea of two Kent State graduates. It is a student-run business through the Center for Entrepreneurship and Business Innovation, which is part of the College of Business at Kent State.

“We have students from all different majors and minors working in the program,” said entrepreneur-in-residence Kristin Dowling. “So they’re getting the real-world experience here but under the umbrella of the university.”

The shop offers all Ohio-based food products including Metropolis Popcorn, Rothschild’s Dips, Shearer’s Chips and Waggoner’s Chocolates. Manager Heather Weber said they offer different flavors and types of Shearer’s chips, including pretzels, potato chips, tortilla chips and a line of whole-grain chips.

Dowling said their main goal is to have a positive student and customer experience. She said she hopes the student employees will learn how to run a shop, make a schedule, do inventory and take care of customers.

The shop is located in Acorn Alley on East Main St. and owners hope to open within the next few weeks. The store will also be accepting FlashCash.

The store hours will be 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday.

– Megan Moore