Flu clinics for residence hall students have been scheduled at various locations on the Kent campus. According to University Health Services, residence hall students live in close proximity with others and the flu is a highly communicable disease. Students are the university’s first priority to receive the seasonal flu vaccine.
Seasonal flu vaccines will be available from 9 a.m. to noon and from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. in the following locations:
• Friday, Sept. 11, at Tri-Towers Rotunda (main lounge across from Area Desk)
• Tuesday, Sept. 15, at Centennial B – Conference Room (enter via door facing Centennial Fields)
• Friday, Sept. 18, at Stopher Hall, Room 154 (by Area Desk)
• Tuesday, Sept. 22, at Dunbar Area Desk
• Friday, Sept. 25, at Twin Towers Lounge (by Area Desk)
University Health Services will be offering two types of seasonal flu vaccinations: the traditional flu shot and FluMist, a nasal flu vaccine spray. The cost of the vaccination will be $12. It can be billed to the student’s account.
Residence hall students are encouraged to register in advance for a time slot by going to the following site: https://www.uhs.kent.edu/osh/.
For more information, visit the university’s flu preparedness Web site at http://www.kent.edu/flu.
Source: Kent State University