Students can get free burritos today

Nick Baker

Getting a free burrito today is as easy as walking through Chipotle’s doors. From 2 to 6 p.m., the Chipotle on the corner of Lincoln and Main streets is giving away a free burrito and drink to everyone who comes in.

Emily Francis, head of marketing at Chipotle in Kent, said the promotion has no catch and is just a way to get a “buzz around campus” about Chipotle.

“Students come in, show an ID and get a free burrito,” Francis said. “It’s as easy as that.”

As part of the effort to promote on campus, Chipotle has also hidden several Burrito Bucks all over campus for students to find. Clues will be given at Chipotle today regarding the locations of the hidden “bucks.”

“We’ve hidden them in lots of places,” Frances said. “They’re in fountains, dorms, all over campus.”

Francis said doing promotions like this is a great way to get students and people in the Kent community interested in eating at Chipotle.

“This is just basically how we like to advertise,” Frances said. “We’ve been promoting it a lot on campus. It’s a good grassroots way to advertise. There will be lots of free food, and it’s going to be fun for sure.”

The offer is not limited to students. While Kent State students will be asked for their student IDs, Francis said that anyone who comes in before 6 p.m. will get a free burrito and a free drink.

Contact off-campus entertainment reporter Nick Baker at [email protected].