KIC to host Ballin’ for Bucks basketball tournament Monday

Brittany Moseley

Kent Interhall Council still needs students to sign up for its three-on-three basketball tournament next week.

The tournament starts Monday and ends April 11. All teams must sign in Monday, where they will get their playing time. The first game starts at 3 p.m. It will take place at the Centennial basketball court. Teams will play to 21 points, and it’s a single elimination tournament with women versus women and men versus men.

Each student on the winning team will receive a $75 gift certificate to Foot Locker. Students can also participate in the shoot-out contest and the dunk contest. Winners of the two contests will receive a $25 gift certificate to Foot Locker.

“Ballin’ for Bucks” is the first program for KIC director of business operations Avery Danage. He encouraged everyone to sign up, even if they can’t play basketball. Students can also enjoy giveaways and some entertainment acts. The dance group Golden Reflections will perform April 8, and rapper Skittlez will perform April 9. KIC representative at large Uchechukwu Adigwe will DJ throughout the week.

The tournament is free for residents to enter and $7 for students living off campus. Students can register until April 11 in the KIC office in Tri-Towers or at kic.kent.edu.

Contact room and board reporter Brittany Moseley at [email protected].